Siesta Key is located in the southwest of Florida, the USA. It’s in close proximity to Roberts bay and the Gulf of Mexico. Let’s find more about this place and what so special about it.
Before going to Siesta Key or traveling anywhere really, people often check out some basic facts to know what, where, why. Here’s a list of common facts you might find useful:
- Country – the USA;
- State – Florida;
- County – Sarasota;
- ZIP code – 34242;
- Area code – 941;
- Time zone – UTC – 05:00 (-04:00 in summer);
- Population – 6565;
- Total area – 3.5 sq mi.
Siesta Key weather
Siesta Key is in Florida. The weather in the region is warm all year round. The hottest season is from June to September. Winters are cooler but mild.
The lows and highs per month are:
- January 11-22 C;
- February 13-23 C;
- March 15-25 C;
- April 17-27 C;
- May 20-30 C;
- June 23-32 C;
- July 24-32 C;
- August 24-32 C;
- September 23-32 C;
- October 20-29 C;
- November 16-26 C;
- December 13-24 C.
These are general temperatures one can expect. However, the weather forecast is sure to give you more precise information on the dates you are interested in. However, such an overview is sure to help you choose the best-suite time when it’s not too cold and not too hot.
Siesta Key beaches
The place attracts visitors with its Siesta Beach, Crescent Beach, and Turtle Beach. They are long, wide, and beautiful. Dive into the turquoise water and feel like in a paradise. The latter is a great place for families because it has camping and picnic areas. Siesta Public Beach was also named the nation’s best beach two times. That says a lot and sets expectations high.
The place attracts visitors with its quartz beaches, over a hundred golf courses, and plenty of exciting activities for all. Yet, it has so much else to offer. Try the following things when you are in the area:
- Since the place is close to Sarasota, one can explore some culture by visiting museums, art galleries, theaters, and operas. This list can go on as the area has tons to offer;
- One of the fun things you may try is parasail Siesta;
- You may go sightseeing with local tours or do some fishing;
- Those who prefer active vacations can rent a bike or a kayak and have a blast;
- People who come here to relax are sure to enjoy the place, too. It has beautiful beaches, spa and massage specialists, numerous resorts that offer everything you may want;
- The place has several must-visit restaurants like Summer House Steak & Seafood or The Collage.
If you wish to learn more about the place, explore the Visit Florida website, and focus on the information about Siesta Key. Here you’ll also find out everything nearby to make sure you get the best trip ever.
Siesta Key is a small pearl of Florida. You should definitely check out if you get a chance. It has amazing views and a relaxed atmosphere that will make you feel rested and excited about new adventures.